Late last year I made it official and purchased my own home! It was one of the most nerve wracking and exciting things I've done in a long while and now I am proud as punch with what I've got.
One of the first things I had to do was actually furnish the house, after living in share houses and rentals and then house sitting for a year, I didn't really own much aside from a bed that was in my parents garage and a few other bits and pieces.
So the hunt was on to find some stylish and affordable pieces to turn the house into a home. After searching high and low and realising my budget wouldn't allow me to just decorate with the entire Jardan suite, I realised I had to get creative.
I stumbled across Temple & Webster. A furniture and homewares online store, full of designer pieces and the BEST prices. Seriously, if you don't believe me - take a look. I found two big beautiful rugs that I could actually afford to keep inside cosy along with a few other pieces to decorate with.
Now that I am settled in, I'm moving onto other rooms of the house and have just created a bit of an inspiration list that I wanted to share with everyone - a collection of pieces from Temple & Webster to put together my dream home office.
Starting with the basics, a desk, a chair and some storage.
1. Milan Direct Ash Marcelle Desk - this desk is super sleek, scandi inspired and has that beautiful ash teak finish! I am in love.
2. When it comes to desk chairs, T&W have a HUGE range, my theory is that I don't want my desk chair to take over the home office, and being someone who works at a computer all day long - you don't actually want to be sitting all day long. I like to mix it up and stand as well - so this chair I think provides the perfect mix of style and practicality.
3. Indifera Storage Basket - storage baskets are a stylish way to hide away all your bits! If your office is anything like mine and contains lots of craft supplies, these are a great place to store fabric offcuts or even cushions and blankets!
4. By Designs Danni 6 x 4 Cube Shelf - is my new favourite. Everyone needs a good bookshelf in their office and this is the one. The different size pockets add a nice touch of character so you can fit all the different size things you collect.
1. Skog Wall Clock - cause every good office needs a wall clock, and the wood grain in this will bring out the wood gain in my desk perfectly.
2. Get Shit Done Notebook - I love the whole range from Mi Goals, but this get shit done notebook is particularly good for keeping track of your goals and to-do lists. Seriously, this is a daily lifesaver. Even for the days where you feel like you've got nothing done!
4. Pink Lamp - Pastel pink is very on trend right now, luckily for me I've always loved this tone of pink and am jumping for joy that I can decorate my house with some cute pastel pinks! Plus every scandi-inspired desk needs s cute lamp to finish off those late night calls.
5. Pink Vases - Rather than using these vases for flowers, I plan to keep these for paintbrushes, knitting needles and pens.
6. Sigrid Mint Vase - ok the office can't just be all about work - I'll use this one for flowers.
Finally, what is a home office without a little artwork for inspiration? There are SO MANY incredible finds on the Temple and Webster site, in particular - these are my current top three.